SC - Mellow out.

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Sep 28 08:05:27 PDT 2000

> I refuse to comment on this misconception.  I'm more pained that anyone
> could think me such a monster that I would hit someone to cause pain and
> suffering full stop, let alone over what is, after all a rather petty
> topic.   I apologise if I appear to be such a monster.
> I meant it in jest.  I meant it to be taken as jest.  If everone is reeling
> in horror at what I must be because they think I would raise my hand in
> anything but jest, I apologise for sending the message.  I had a story that
> I thought minorly applicable to the lines, I was wrong and for that I
> apologise.
>
> -A'adeema

And I highly suggest to members of this list to get a grip and calm down.
Geez, I want folks to stop getting their feathers ruffled over such a stupid
discussion. I personally hate emoticons and feel they are for the most part
unnecessary if the reader would stop looking for insult where none was
clearly intended. I've read a few times over the past week or so people getting

upset and filled with indignation over throw-away comments. Just chill out
and read the posts in the light of what is actually written and not like some
personal attack. I've reviewed a lot of these things that have upset people
and not really seen anything to get huffy over. Usually they are attempts
at being silly or in a friendly jibing way. But there are no "laugh tracks"
included
so you have to actually think for yourself when you read it.

Some have apologized for being either misconstrued or for jumping to the
wrong conclusion and I appreciate that. It calms things down and smooths
ruffled feathers but come on people! Outright insults are one thing, if a
poster
says something like "Man you must be totally stupid to think that" I agree
that is insulting. But then stepping in with hurt feelings and firing off some
insulting/insulted reply does nothing. I suggest you re-read the post and
then read it again. If it is still very insulting then send a private email to
the person and ask them if they were being deliberately insulting. To
continue attacks back and forth are counter-productive. And if the original
poster was truly out of line I'll have a little talk with them.

Now take a deep breath and relax.

Gunthar