SC - Re: SC- feast options was rant

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Sep 26 15:01:32 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/26/2000 5:16:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
catdeville at mindspring.com writes:

<< Since the feast fee is now seperate, what is your experience with
 budgetting the meals which are advertised in the flyer as "included"
 (breakfasts, lunches, dayboards?)   Do they come out of the feast fee and
 do you therefore expect them to be available only to those who paid the
 "onboard" rate or are you expected by local or kingdom custom to feed
 everyone, and if so does your group make a seperate budget out of the event
 rate for those meals?  How does your group manage this type of concern? >>

My shire has a reputation for serving lots of good food.  We generally say
that if you go away from a Silver Rylle feast hungry, it's your own fault.
We often serve Saturday and Sunday breakfast as well as Saturday lunch at
weekend events, and we always provide a dayboard as well as the feast at
one-day events.

The way we break it down is this:  "On-board" means you get all meals.
"off-board" means you get breakfasts and lunch, but not the feast.  We have
recently begun to offer a "site fee only" option at some events, at the
request of our guests, some of whom are such picky eaters, or have such
dietary restrictions, that they never touch any of the food served and
therefore are understandably upset when the only fee other than on-board
requires them to pay for food they have no intention of ever touching.

Usually the off-board option includes the person's share of the site fee and
general supplies such as toilet paper, trash bags, etc., as well as the
per-head cost of lunch and breakfast.  Sometimes we don't break it down and
just add a dollar or two to the site fee.  But no, lunch and breakfast money
definitely does not come out of the "feast fee".

Brangwayna Morgan