SC - period sausages and meat pies

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Sep 11 23:45:29 PDT 2000

Selene asked:
> Good lady:  could you render unto us all the complete book-citation for the
> above?  I am not familiar with the wisdom of the Domostroi but I think I can
> use this for meat-pye documentation for years to come.  Did the above learned
> one have much to say about sausage?  I'm having an evile thought about
> documenting hot dogs in buns from this quotation - then ducking and running
> very fast.

I believe the bibliographic info is in this file in the FOOD-BY-REGION
section of my files:
fd-Russia-msg     (41K)  2/ 8/00    Russian food. Russian cookbooks.

For more info on meat pies and sausages, check out these two files in
the FOOD section:
meat-pies-msg     (97K)  4/12/00    Period meat pies. Recipes.
sausages-msg      (96K)  6/ 8/00    Period sausages. Making sausage.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net