SC - Trager's Food Chronology

Thu Sep 21 07:52:55 PDT 2000

For anyone who is interested, Trager's Food Chronology in hardbound is
available from Jessica's Biscuit for $14.98.  The original $40 price tag was
a little steep, but the book is probably worth $15, since the paperback
lists at $22.50.  You can find the information on page 15 of their Closeouts
Section.

The URL is:

http://www.ecookbooks.com/index.html

Food Chronology is a timeline of food related history.  I find it useful for
getting quick historical references which I can flesh out from other
sources.  The book is the most comprehensive timeline of food available.
For what it is, the book is probably the best in its category.

The drawbacks are; the index is incomplete, there is no bibliography, Trager
tends to mix documented and apocryphal facts, and often there is no
reference to the sources.  I've also found some errors and omissions.
Because of the scope, nothing is covered in depth.

Bon Chance

Bear