SC - So what should i call the feastcrat?

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Mon Sep 25 11:21:22 PDT 2000

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> We use the term 'remove' around here.  Seems to fit better.  I do agree that
> 'feast-o-crat' is a little silly.

I suggest that 'remove' sounds better because it's exotic, and the SCA
is exotic to the modern world. For an analogy, most modern
English-speaking chefs might be a little annoyed if we called them
'chief cook', but that's pretty much what 'chef de cuisine' means (or
'head of cooking' or similar). Being in French, not English, it has a
nicer tone to English speakers.

Seumas
- --
Roi ne suis prince, ni duc, ni comte aussi; je suis sire de
Bruyerecourt.