SC - Re: baklava

Drake & Meliora meliora at asiaonline.net.au
Mon Apr 2 04:14:25 PDT 2001

Lucrezia,

> 	You forgot to mention the ice cream, and pavlova, though.
> 	Thanks again,
> 	Vincent
> 	(can still do the All Blacks haka, given enough beer!)
>
> Oh, I just didn't want to get the Lochacites all riled up when I told you
> who really invented Pav...<evil grin>

Lochacians - riled up?  Us?  Never !!! Cuskcynoles at 10 paces !

But then Aust/NZ rivalry is an institution here ....

> And yes, New Zealand ice cream is the best in the world as far as I'm
> concerned (like most NZ diary products).

Actually I agree with you here - NZ dairy products are the absolute best in
the world, closely followed by King Island and other Tasmanian products ....

And to get everything back on track, is alcohol for cooking considered
appropriate for Lent?  Or is it one of the things that one must abstain
from?  The campsite I am part of at Rowany Festival this year is doing a pot
luck Lenten Feast on Good Friday, and Drake and I are unsure of the exact
Lenten rules covering this period.

Thanks
Mel.