SC - intro and questions

R. Del Boccio serian at qwest.net
Mon Apr 2 22:57:25 PDT 2001

Thorbjorn asked:
> I need a recipe for these so my Sister in KC can see what wonderful ( G)
> food the Norweigan's eat.

I think both have been discussed here in the past.

You might check this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
stockfish-msg     (93K) 12/12/00    Period preserved fish. Dried, smoked
and
                                       salted fish. Recipes.

There is also this file in the FOOD-BY-REGION section:
fd-Iceland-msg    (56K) 11/29/00    Food of medieval Iceland. Recipes.

Maybe she would prefer the Icelanic shark to the lutefisk? Since much
of the Icelandic food culture comes from Scandanavia, there will be
similarities. The Icelanders just have stronger stomaches. And the
Scots think *they* are hardy because of their climate... :-)

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net