SC - (OT) "Medireview" ???

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Apr 3 06:28:41 PDT 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
<<I'm not going to get into how much diversity gardeners of the middle ages had to choose from, but I want to point out that all the mentions of specifically 'verjuice' grapes that were cited came from areas where grapes were predominantly grown for wine.  The posted citations for special verjuice grapes didn't come from any areas where wine-grape growing wasn't practical. > > >

Am I off track in thinking there could be a misinterpretation of "verjuice grape varities"?  It seems the track of thought here is that there were varieites grown to make verjuice.  I am thinking that there are just varieties (grown for some other primary purpose) whose green fruit, possibly from culls/trimming as done today, made best verjuice rather than specific cultivation for this use.

If everyone is already on this page, then congratulate me for finally catching up to the lead lap.

niccolo