SC - 'Nefs' on eBay

grizly@mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 6 21:45:34 PDT 2001

That's not what I heard from the British food people on the news here. The
EU has different rules to the US, though, so maybe that's it.

About money can also mean about losing money, rather than gaining it. It's
still to do with money!

I don't understand what ranchers are. They haven't mentioned these people in
the news from Britain here. I would suspect the farmers would be losing
money hand over fist, and a lot of other people. Horse-riding schools have
been particularly affected, and they can't even hold Rugby tests, as there's
too many people coming places from too far away. From what I've heard, the
British government usually gives some compensation (never enough, though) to
stop the farmers from going under from something like this.

I don't understand what affording meat for the feast has to do with the HMD,
especially here in Australia. Sure, our meat prices are rising a little, but
that's because we're now providing a bigger market. We don't tend to blame
any abattoirs here in Australia unless they're going on strike, which is
usually highly publicised. You can't really complain about meat prices when
you can still get 2kg legs of lamb for around AUS$6/kg (US$1.35/lb), or top
quality scotch fillet for AUS$16/kg (US$3.50/lb). And that's at my standard
local supermarket prices.

Glenda.

- ----- Original Message ----- > Have you people been listening to the USDA
inspector on the list?
> You can vaccinate a animal for HMF but the vaccine shows up in test as
> active HMF, There by causing the meat to be thrown out anyway. The animals
> in Europe have a ASIAN strain of the virus that is why it is a problem.
They