SC - cawdel of samoun

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Sun Apr 8 19:50:34 PDT 2001

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> > My copy of Pleyn Delit (1979 revision) does not mention a blender.
> >
> > Is your copy the 1976 original?  If so, perhaps this is one of
> > the revisions (corrections) they made in 1979.

No, mine is the "Second edition 1996"

> Actually, my copy is an unrevised first edition, and it doesn't mention
> a blender either, now that I've had a chance to dig it out. UlfR, did
> somebody dictate this to you and perhaps "seethe" turned into "sieve"?

"Pour the cooking broth into a blender with breadcrumbs and seasonings
and blend until smooth...". In neither the original text they list,
the matching one in Curye on Inglyish, or on
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/foc/FoC095small.html did I find any
mentioning of sieving or otherwise pulping the poor innocent salmon.

BTW, would you say that "spices, safron and salt" would match powdour
fort, with some extra ginger? Since I cheated and used some fish stock
extra salt was not an option.

/UlfR

- --
UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
Tolstoy was paid by the word, I think this explains _War_and_Peace_