SC - Tasty turnips

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:16:27 PDT 2001

> I'm going to pick up a couple of turnips on my next grocery run.  I'll let
> you know if I find them eadible.  Or even tasty.  Maybe I don't care for
> turnips because my mom, always trying to thin down her fat daughter, tried
> to pass them off as potatoes.  Sorry, but they don't have the same texture
> or flavor for me.

Of course they don't. Turnips aren't nearly as bland! I assume you have
tried that ultimate non-diet dish, armored turnips, where the turnips form
a sort of cheese substrate.

(I think armored turnips and other cooked turnip dishes are delicious but
mashed turnips are kind of wierd. But then, I used to eat raw turnips --
and raw potatoes-- when I was child.)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net