SC - Tasty turnips

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Apr 12 07:40:56 PDT 2001

Speaking of Armored Turnips, I saw a recipe in yesterday's paper that
had me smiling.  The Wed. Food Section was full of recipes for Easter
dinners, etc., and included a recipe for making "real" scalloped
potatoes.  Except for using potatoes instead of turnips, it was almost
exactly identical to the recipe for a.t., comprising layers of potato
slices (partly pre-cooked in milk or cream), layered with cheese (they
recommended gruyere), and topped with nutmeg and baked....no extra milk
in the dish, beyond what the potato slice had been cooked in. <g>
- --Maire

Jenne Heise wrote:
><snippage>
 I assume you have