SC - needed: recipe suggestions

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Apr 12 22:30:37 PDT 2001

Bonne of Traquair wrote:

> last week, I bought a pound of green almonds  at the Persian grocery.
> Anyone know what you do with green almonds?  What they are is the unripe
> almond fruit, the seed to be is a clear jelly in the middle.

Yup, remember those. They can be eaten raw in salads, also when lightly
blanched, pickled like green walnuts, and they make a very respectable
compost like the ones found in the Forme of Cury and in Le Menagier
(okay, the Menagier version has the steeped immature nuts, but you can
parboil them like the other ingredients in the FoC version, and proceed
with that version to get a final product that is pretty similar to the
Menagier version). (If that makes any sense. You're not the only one in
need of some tea.)

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy