SC - Ripping Good Roast Leg of lamb

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Apr 14 20:00:24 PDT 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> Radigan Leoncoeur wrote:>And lets not speak of the vegans undermining most
>of the sca, in general and here in michigan in particular.

Gee, this is the first i've heard of this! Kind of like the body
snatchers, huh?

We talk about food all the time on this list and the topic of vegans
undermining most of the SCA hasn't come up yet. Have the rest of you
200 plus listees been hiding something from me for the past two years?>>>>

The only insistance I have noticed in numerous months here is a growing insistance to provide vegan or vegetarian foods at our modern medieval tables.  While I find it hard to incorporate into my concept and understanding of the medieval diet and menues that I study, I most heartily agree with providing paying customers foods they can eat.

Underminding? No.  Insisting that we make a place for them? Yes.  Being oderous or caustic in their requests/demands?  not often, and nothing on this list like the tongue lashing the one and only vegan feast-goer that I have spoken with tried to give me the day of one of my feasts.  She was politely ushered to another place to continue venting her spleen, and asked to please contact me more than 5 hours before my meal to ask special dietary consideration.

niccolo difrancesco