SC - Reparte

Sun Apr 15 05:42:01 PDT 2001

Radigan wrote:
>It is just that the past year  here in our little shire of
>Knottingham by the lake has been much riven by strife and furious
>controversy.  Fed by just such topics..veganism, pc, and catamites.
>The furor has turned friend against friend and oft led beyond hot
>words to savage blows... But I shall not travel any further upon
>THAT road HERE in my sanctum on the net...

How utterly sad that any circumstances should
bring a situation in which blows are exchanged in the
SCA in anger.  Sounds like you have a real problem
in lack of maturity in your membership or some individual(s)
with serious mental imbalances.  Such behavior is grounds for
summary expulsion from the SCA and the group is likely
better off without such members ultimately.  As I do not know
the specifics (and I do not need to know in all likelihood),
I can not give advice, nor do I need to meddle; but if
you feel that strongly that if you only have refuge in an
electronic media, your Kingdom Seneshal needs to look
into this quickly.  Is there another group near you that you
can play?  It is rather outrageous that such a topic as
vegetarianism should cause serious strife in your group.
Physical and mental abuse is a long way from the "hot"
topics on food we have had on this list in the past.  We
get verbally intense but we have yet to have a war over
which end of a soft boiled egg to open (or filling dumplings
for that matter).  My own group had very serious problems
(which ultimately resulted in being reduced to a shire by the
B.O.D.), but their decision (IMO) was a result of circumstances
fired by letter writing individuals with some serious mental disorders.
At least it turned out they later had to get therapy or left us
to screw up other groups.  As a shire, we were much better
off after cutting off our lunatic fringe.  With physical violence,
you need to run, do not walk, to sane and fair higher authority
or seek fun elsewhere.  You have my heartfelt sympathy
for your situation.

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"