SC - Raw Eggs

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Sun Apr 15 06:12:46 PDT 2001

    Yup, I concur. I feel, however, that Vegans do a disservice to the
memory of our ancestors, who spent many a millennia struggling ( a literal
life & death struggle, at that!) to put us at the top of the food chain.
Now, you can go virtually anywhere and not be preyed upon. There are
exceptions, of course, like most african rivers (crocs & hippos), but for
the most part, nothing feeds upon Man with impunity. This is a unique and
valuable thing, and nothing to be sneezed at.  Yes, being torn apart by
wolves in the winter is period, but I'm willing to forgo that one, thank you
very much . . .
    Hundreds of my ancestors DIDN'T die painfully so I could eat tofu and
bran flakes. More than that, they essentially created the livestock species
upon which we prey. Most of what we eat has been genetically altered &
engineered for centuries; they just did it the slow and tedious way, by
selective breeding. We've spent countless years and tremendous effort to
create meat producing animals that are exactly what we specify
    I've always felt that everyone should tour a slaughterhouse at some
point, just to have an awareness of what's on the end of your fork. This may
make some ill, but so does a trip to your state legislature, or so I'm told.
Be an informed and karmically responsible carnivore, if that's what you want
to be.

    Sieggy