SC - Not eating cute furry animals

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Apr 16 05:37:13 PDT 2001

Radigan,

I find your posts rather laughable.  I've met wolves, bailed out of the way
of a running black bear, ducked a feral dog pack, stood on snowshoes waiting
for a cow moose with calf to charge or move on, had a horse try to rub me
into a fence and dealt the two legged predators.

You exaggerate the dangers, then belittle others opinions and comments with
snide remarks.  And, I don't recall you documenting any of the dangers you
depict with such relish.

Yes there is a danger.  Primarily where suburbia meets the wilderness, but
it is mostly to pets, small children, and idiots who think because something
is "cute," it's not dangerous.

I have no particular problem with discussing wolf attacks (look up the
Parisian wolf pack of the 13th (?) century) in a medieval context or recipes
for wolf.  However, this is a Medieval and Renaissance cooking discussion
and if you have nothing to contribute to the historical or cooking aspects,
then perhaps you should go back to lurking.

Bear