SC - Not eating cute furry animalst

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Apr 16 05:38:09 PDT 2001

>   Being somewhat mew to this list, though having lurked for half a year
>or more.  I needs must however step forth and voice my outrage of certain
>posts on this list which voice a  vegan leaning.

Why? I thought the soul of courtesy was about treating people who are
different than you politely, and that the SCA had a strong tradition of
courtesy (though I'm sure sometimes you wouldn't guess it from some of our
behavior).

Being a vegan, or a meat everywhere all the time carnivore, or anything
else, is a lifestyle choice. If someone makes that choice, for whatever
reason, it's _their_ choice. We may choose to accomodate them, or not--
but unless we are their legal caretakers, why should we care what they put
or don't put in their mouths?

>Being a omnivore and
>proud, I enjoy receipes and feasts which offer a sublime blending, of all
>forms of flesh whether it be animal or vegetable.  Lets not succumb to
>the rabbit types and allow our list to become host only to those of the
>bovine..er..vegetative bent.

Sorry, bud, rabbits are lagomorphs, not bovines. (No hooves, for one
thing...)

Ob Food Thang: I was surprised to find out recently that rabbit is not
kosher.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net