SC - Re: sour oranges = availablity of

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 05:07:26 PDT 2001

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> There were also some pies that were filled with
> apples/pears/figs/raisins, and they were popular.

Yes, but were they subdivided into little squares, or were they shaped
like ravioli? ;  )

> Some fish (pollock) with a purplish sauce
> (cameline?). It was good, and I'm not that fond of fish.

The usual suspects for fish would also include mawmenny (frequently
made, IIRC, with almond milk and red wine, often ending up an
astonishing indigo color) and rapee, usually involving mooshed-up
raisins, dates and figs, with or without almond milk.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com