SC - predators and other weird foods

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Tue Apr 17 06:32:34 PDT 2001

> Please don't think me a-trolling when I ask this
> question, and certainly NO disrespect is intended by
> it.  However, one must ask whether the praise and rank
> bestowed upon these challenged individuals was rightly
> earned, or given partially out of sympathy and
> encouragement?  I know the question sounds callous and
> unfeeling, but having never seen an individual such as
> the ones in question performing on the field, I simply
> have to know.  Those of you who *know* them can
> certainly answer this question honestly.

I'm not sure what kingdom you're from Balthazar, and I don't know if you fight. I know
that East Kingdom fighters of my aquaintance respect both the Tuchuk fighter and the
one-legged knight, and the respect of fighters of the East is not easily won, and they
are scrupulously and loudly against giving anyone special consideration.

Though the AoA is often given as a freebie (to my eternal embarrassment, I was written in
for mine as part of someone else's political wrangling unrelated to me), it's hard enough
to get into the Orders of Merit (at least in the East) that many deserving people don't
get in. How awful to find that because one has a physical (or neurological) challenge,
people outside the order suspect that you got it as a freebie! And of course, no matter
how fair the process is, there will be people who wonder about it. *sigh* This is why
I've always thought that there was more praise in having people expect that you _must_
have a particular award when you don't, than in getting the award.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net