SC - earning awards

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Apr 17 06:06:00 PDT 2001

In a message dated 4/16/01 10:18:49 PM, s.mont at verizon.net writes:

<< Although that doesn't give us anything about how a bear would taste, or a

>crocodile (ask Crocodile Dundee, I saw the ad for the new movie

>yesterday...) >>

A bear has a strong , gamey taste. I found the meat "greasy" like that of
lamb. BUt I give that it might have been  the result of the cook's desires.
He's an old hunter. He likes to cook food over an open flame, no tenderizing
(unless you call internal Jack Daniels tenderizing).

Though he does make a mean sand hill crane spaghetti sauce and woodcock
pate.....

Andrea

(Father -in -law is a "retired" professional writer for Guns and Ammo....and
a  professional hunter as well.....though fish are more his speed at  80)