SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #3109

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Thu Apr 19 13:34:53 PDT 2001

Greetings from Eden - trying to get as far from spanish research as possible
today I made a batch of Hulwa from the Ain-i-akbari (16th c. Mughal indian
source).
has anyone seen the original text for this source?  All I have is the
translation into english.  As a sweetener the recipe calls for "sugarcandy"
and I'm wondering what the original word was.  I suspect it might be some
form of jaggery, but that's just a guess.  Anyone actually know?

WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com