SC - Opinions?

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Fri Apr 20 09:51:46 PDT 2001

I have been following this thread and thought I would add comment as well.

Firstly no matter what the number of people you are serving be it 50 or 250
there is no reason why fest cannot make a profit.  We consistantly bring in
feast at $3.50 to $4.00 per serving and charge $7.00 (maybe in near future
we will raise that to eight) so there is profit margin per serving. If your
just making a huge amount of food thats another story, you have to figure
servings and stick to it.

Secondly, as far as royals table and feast crew, they have always gotten fed
free, thats the way it is. Now HRM's retainers etc pay for feast, whether
its the king paying or the retainers themselves they pay, by the way a note,
the figure of $3.50 per serving is including that amount that will be eaten
free by the crew and royals. And that figure also includes "special" dishes
for the high table.

We serve feast on regular basis and the numbers range from 20 to 250 and
though in couple cases where we went banannas on what we served we have
never lost money, on those occiasions where we did go overboard we broke
even.  ANyone telling you they are not able to serve feast at $7 a head has
to do some serious work on how they purchase and prepare the meal.

Just an opinion
Elric, Harper's Raid