SC - Opinions?

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Sat Apr 21 00:51:43 PDT 2001

Micaylah said:
> Having been a Barony ourselves for nigh in 20 years we have experience
> with what you are saying and have learnt quite a while ago that "talk"
> doesnt pay the Piper. Solving this problem was quite easy....reserve
> with payment. Period. Don't know about other Cantons but this has been
> the norm here in Ealdormere for as long as I can remember.

What you have going for you is that paid reservations have been the
way you've been doing it for some time. Here in Ansteorra it wasn't
until a few years ago that events started pushing *unpaid* reservations.

Paid reservations certainly would ease some of the budgeting guessing
problems.

What if you have bad weather and half the folks cancel? Can they get
their money back? I think it's going to be a long time before Ansteorra
can/will go to prepaid reservations. :-(

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net