SC - horseradish root

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 23 03:44:21 PDT 2001

At 03:25 PM 4/22/01 -0600, you wrote:
>    Just back from Seattle,  ah, the taste of good fresh fish!!   what is
>that place on pier 49, Izars?  and for the stadium fee of $6.00, I had a
>chance to sample  Mac & Jack's African Ale   -- is that available in
>bottles?   didn't have a chance to quaff other micro-brews,  such a shame!

heh. you must mean "Ivars" :). Ivar was a seattle institution, basically
turning our waterfront into the glorious tourist destination it is, with an
aquarium and his chain of fish and chips restaurants, as well as force of
personality.

I love my city....good fish is the cheapest protein source in town! too bad
so few folks in the SCA will eat it....(unless they're visiting from out of
town. its the wierdest thing!)

I've never seen Mac & Jacks African Ale in bottles. Never heard of it, in
fact. But the name suggests one of the zillions of transient seasonal
microbrews...sorry! if you remember where you had it though, (Redhook?
Pyramid?) they will often ship.

hey man, its least its food related! :D

- --Anne-Marie, who works across the street from Ivars, and is in deep love
with their marsala sauced portabella mushroom and steamed seasonal veggies....