SC - pie floaters

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 09:55:20 PDT 2001

- --- UlfR <parlei-sc at algonet.se> wrote:
> Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> [2001.04.23]
> wrote:
> > (almost invariably a thinned, pureed chutney of
> tomatoes with vinegar
> > and sugar, and various token "spices" in
> microscopic amounts, and almost
> > never homemade except by loons like Ras or myself)
> is often added as
>
> Recipe, please. Besides, shouldn't the ingredient
> list not feature salt
> sear the top for the ready made stuff?

Actually, commercial ketchup, catsup or whatever is
fairly low in sodium.  Often, very near the top, is
high-fructose corn syrup and other sweetners, both
natural and unnatural.

I often make jugs of "Catjup" at home, in a variety of
flavors (Jalapeno, Mango, Apricot, Pineapple, etc...)
The stuff you make at home is always far superior to
the sugar-rich muck you buy in the grocery store.
Plus, the stuff will last a good long time, so you
don't have to make it very often.

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who is looking for the recipe for his 8-year-old
son's "Havana Heaven Hot Sauce"...which is pretty
close to a homemade catsup, but redolent with Habanero
peppers... I'll post it for the "iron stomache" crowd
out there.)

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."