SC - SERVERS WAS :Profit was Opinions?

Marcus Antaya mjantaya at home.com
Mon Apr 23 09:41:39 PDT 2001

Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> [2001.04.23] wrote:
> (almost invariably a thinned, pureed chutney of tomatoes with vinegar
> and sugar, and various token "spices" in microscopic amounts, and almost
> never homemade except by loons like Ras or myself) is often added as

Recipe, please. Besides, shouldn't the ingredient list not feature salt
sear the top for the ready made stuff?

> I had nightmares for weeks when I heard Phlip's descriptions of Ohio
> lasagne bolognese made with cottage cheese and ketchup. My father used
> to joke about things like this, and since most of his jokes were of no
> newer vintage than his time in the U.S. Army from 1941 to 1946 or so, it
> all falls eerily into place that perhaps he had direct personal
> experience with this, possibly with Midwestern army cooks. He used to
> speak of layering cooked spaghetti with Velveeta and ketchup, and until

Equally I have heard of "pizza" made with a froozen pie shell, ketchup
and fried bits of baloney and eggs fried in crisco, covered in velveeta.
I saw it somewhere, cut it out and taped it to a binder where I keep
recipes. One of those days I'll actually try to make it, just to see how
horrible it is.

> recently I assumed this was the equivalent of a fairy tale told to
> frighten the children into being good. Perhaps the world is bigger and
> even more frightening than I knew ;  ).

Ohh yes, it is indeed a scary place.

/UlfR

- --
UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
"how would you like it if somebody decided to eat you?"
Response...actually used: "Oooh. Hasn't happened in a while. You're
place or mine. I'll bring the whipped cream."            -- Lars