SC - Feast

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Mon Apr 23 12:29:25 PDT 2001

Ru  adds:
From: "Jenne Heise" <jenne at mail.browser.net>
Subject: Re: SC - No Mint - please

> > So what alternatives is there to mint flavours, that is NOT a herb to =
> > start with ? Rosemary can't have either.
>
> *sigh* Commercial mint flavoring is sometimes synthetically made from
orange and lemon
> peels, but I don't know if it has salicylates in it.

Big time, keeps the skin cancers from making 'ulgy' fruit

> Frankly, from a quick look at this list, you can't eat any kind of
seasonsed period food.
> Period. Everything on the herb list has near relatives that would be
similar enough to do
> the same thing, covering pretty much every seasoning except Nutmeg and
Mace, but since
> these are fruits, reading the website indicates that they probably have
salicylates.

It takes about 2 days to clear out the "resisdue". meanwhile I save a dose
or two. Chemical receptors are fully blocked, no need to waste. And as long
as i go strong with the "before and after "diet thing, like all weekend, i'm
back on line soon. And not totally messed up. The next morning, it may take
me 3 hours to 'break' camp instead of me.

> On the other hand, I'm really uncertain about the validity of this list in
terms of using
> herbs in cooking, since many of the entries seem to be speaking of the
properties of
> essential oils -- or in fact synthetic oils, since most of the cosmetic
products they are
> discussing use synthetic oils and fragrances-- rather than actual
consumption.

My Lady has adjusted her make-ups and barn-paints in case they get on my
skin. Skin being the organ it is can absorb lots of stuff thru it [ the
"patch" effect]. Aloe [lip bal & sunscreen] locks me out [of the med] within
an hour.

> In particular I'm concerned about the mention that 'Celestial Seasonings
and other herbal
> blend teas' are ok, when I know for a fact that some Celestial Seasonings
and Bigelow
> teas consist of nothing but herbs that are on the counterindicated list.

But i loved those teas,     notice the past tense... I cut them out, but
found that Earl Grey with boiling water is ok. but not if just nuked and
done with hot/warm/sun water