SC - "pan-pudding"

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 13:51:37 PDT 2001

Chris Stanifer wrote:

> Ahem... I don't have $651 to spare, but I do have a
> nice, inconspicuous looking tote bag which fits nicely
> under a jacket...
>
> Do you think he would notice if you switched it with a
> copy of Harry Potter wrapped in brown paper?

Yeah, he probably would. I suspect that the kind of person who would
recognize this as a bargain and bid on it, and actually read it, is
probably by definition not a moron. Actually, you could check Deja News
and see some of the wonderful arg... discussions he and I have had on
various topics. I suspect him of being Cariadoc's Evil Twin ;  ) . In
short, not only is he a bright guy, but he deserves this book, and would
use it, as well as any of us.

> If you do happen to get a glimpse of this book, could
> you do me a huge favor and check out the binding?  Of
> particular interest to me is the material used for the
> cover boards (quarter split wood, I would imagine),
> and the stitching used to hold the sections together.
> I have been using waxed linen thread on my books,
> which gives it a period look, but I'd sure like to see
> what the "real deal" is using....

>From the photo on eBay, it appeared not to have any boards, rather a
simple bundle of sewn folios, if I'm using the terminology correctly.
Essentially an early printed paperback, unless I'm mistaken.

> By the way...I *did* ask my Significant Other if I
> could go up to $700 on this book...
>
> If looks could kill, I'd be wearing a wooden coat
> right now...

And you thought those little round metal things were buttons, huh? I
don't think so...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy