SC - on table menus

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Apr 25 05:25:31 PDT 2001

>Actually, I feed anyone. I have also been known to serve beggars if they show
>up at the back door. Whether they have paid or not is irrelevant since
>feeding the poor is a real virtue. Certainly  a better path to follow than
>refusing them service because of profit motivation or other selfish reasons.
>Such a gesture is also very period and, IMO, oneof  the best of the Middle
>Ages worth preserving. As they say, "but by the grace of God, go there I."
>
>Ras

I concur. Despite my message earlier about everyone paying in a small
group, we have never turned people away because they couldn't pay. And
we're small enough to know the circumstances of people and work something
out, which includes convincing them we want them to come and join us, even
if they can't pay, or pay full amount at this time. Which is why, even with
the best of planning, our feasts don't usually break even (G). But we all
have a great time and learn new recipes!

Morgana
Who should be washing dishes instead of posting...

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     morgana at gci.net
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's
and a decrescent argent.        *          lounge. --Bart Simpson