SC - Re: Wierd but Cool Kitchen Gadgets

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Apr 25 05:30:55 PDT 2001

Touching again on the comments about servers eating free, I was informed this
morning that it was the tradition in our kingdom that servers are never
charged and that we can't mess with that. I find that rather hard to believe
and wondered if anyone on the list had ever heard of a "kingdom tradition" of
such. I am used to discounts given, but never that they be summarily free to
eat the whole feast in exchange for serving...

The autocrat I am negotiating with assures me that we will have 65 paid, most
likely another 20 free (inc servers) and that we have to keep the price down.
Somehow the concept of feeding 1/3 of the number of paid people for free just
sticks in my throat...

Ilaria