SC - Fwd: hi

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 07:01:21 PDT 2001

I think that trying to serve that many free at a feast that small is a little
much.  Why not do without servers altogether?  What we often do is call one
person from each table to come up to the serving area and retrieve the dishes for
their table.  That would eliminate the servers at least, and give you a little
more money to play with.

I know folks often think that this scheme leads to confusion, and for a really
big feast (like a Coronation or our upcoming XXth Year), that would be true.
However, I mentored a first-time head cook this past weekend for a feast serving
170 people, and this worked like a charm!

Kiri