SC - Weird but cool kitchen gadgets

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Apr 25 22:25:50 PDT 2001

Sieggy commented:
>     BTW, I've always been put off by the obvious mundane appearance of
> serving in aluminum pans / trays, though they're so bloody convenient.

Oh! Is this common throughout the Known World?

In our barony, we've made a great number of wooden serving trays by
taking plywood and edging it with wooden molding and then finishing that
with a protective finish. And we have a huge number of the cheap, pressed
wooden bowls made of the thin slices of wood. We also have a bunch of
metal pitchers. We recently added to these and considered going with
some plastic ones that looked like lead crystal or ones that were pottery,
but decided their extra cost and fragility weren't worth it. We also
recently added a bunch more large ladles. I think we were planning on
reworking the handles, for the the ones with real long handles came
with helmet sized bowls, while the ones with reasonable serving size
bowls came with short handles.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net