SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #3126 - coconut opening

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Apr 25 22:46:14 PDT 2001

micaylah wrote:

> I have a really neat trick to opening coconuts.....
>
> I let the really buff guy on the beach selling them hack it open!

He has a machete! Hack, twist, and it's open, dripping juice all over...

They did tell me though- it's not the most brilliant thing to do to
drink real coconut milk straight. Unless you *like* spending the day in
the 'little hut'...

'Lainie
Who also knows why they ship bananas unripened- because they split their
skins as they ripen! We had two trees in the front yard...