SC - parma tarts

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Sun Apr 29 01:44:32 PDT 2001

Eden asked:
> so I'm wondering, what's the earliest known form of the Parma Tart recipe
> out there?  I'm currently looking at the version in the Anonimo Toscano late
> 14th c. at the same time it also appears in the Anonimo Veneziano, and in Le
> Viander de Taillevant, but it is not found in Forme of Cury (or the other
> manuscripts contained in Cury on englysch).
> Anybody out there know of an earlier rendition?

Okay, for those of us who have little idea of what you are talking about,
could you please explain what a "Parma Tart" is? How does it vary from
other tarts? Looking at a tart recipe, what in the recipe would make
you class it as a "Parma" tart or not?

And what is a good definition of a "tart", and I mean the food item.

Thanks,
  Stefan
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net