SC - Re: verjuice

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Apr 2 07:41:40 PDT 2001

thanks for the information...I have already looked at one site, and fear that, for
the purpose I have in mind, it may be a little much.  I will be baking 80 of the pies
from Platina, "Anothr Crust of Tamed Creatures"...otherwise known as Chicken and
Cherry pies.  I calculated it all out, and to get what I need would run around
$130...just for the verjuice.  What I may do is order a couple of bottles from them,
taste it and try to get as close to the taste as I can with my own combination of
ingredients.  I may also ask them if they would give me a discount if I purchase a
large amount...who knows, maybe they would.  Of course I still have to pay for
shipping from California!  And who knows...I may not even be able to get it
anyway...Maryland has a law against shipping wine, etc. in from a winery...all such
purchases have to go through the Maryland warehouses.  If the state sees a large
shipment coming in from a winery, they may stop it.  I'll just have to try it out and
see.

Thanks for all of your suggestions...they are very helpful!

Kiri