SC - Food safety

Solstice Studios solstice at moscow.com
Sun Apr 15 11:22:24 PDT 2001

> The Bunny and The Baby and The Prophylactic Pup
>
> The Antiseptic Baby and the Prophylactic Pup
> Were playing in the garden when the Bunny gambolled up;
> They looked upon the creature with a loathing undisguised;
> It wasn't disinfected and it wasn't sterilised.

heheeh brings back memories. This is a poem used in broadcasting to warm up the announcers' voice. I had it about memorized when I was producing radio theater :)

But as far as health issues go, I would say that yes the body can tolerate a lot more than we think-- I used to eat raw cookie dough, for example, when I could eat the starch.  But I think its important to not forget that the types of bugs out there ARE changing. Some of the things floating around are nastier then they used to be (I am friends with some bilogical scientists and i hear
far more than I ever WANT to hear of thing...ghh)  , and sometimes using a really simple replacement can just help prevent anything untoward.

If nothing else, we live in a litigious society, and taking steps (like replacing real eggs with pastuerized eggs, or serving steak rare but cooking ground meat extra long) can help cover ones nether regions.

- -Aleska