SC - "Fake" ypocras

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Apr 16 22:57:58 PDT 2001

(thank goodness a food topic!! :))

I've had very good luck using de-alcoholized wine for ypocras. I added a
bit of lemon juice to make it a bit "drier". Of course, fake wine is as
expensive (if not more so) than the real stuff, so if you're doing it for
cost reasons, its not a viable alternative....

for me, using grape juice even cut with lemon juice, just yields flavored
grape juice. Like making a wine white sauce with grape juice instead. SO
not the same thing....

but that's just me. I happen to like the flavor of wine while grapes are
too insipid for me.

YMMV! :)

- --Anne-Marie