SC - hardboiled egg food safety guidelines?

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Apr 20 12:46:26 PDT 2001

I'm having trouble finding this information on the web: for a dayboard, can we buy and
hardboil the eggs 7 days ahead of time and store them, unpeeled under normal household
refrigeration until then, and still be within the food safety guidelines, assuming the
sell-by date on the cartons is more than 7 days away?

Oh, and if you don't have a walk-in fridge, how do you handle cooling down large amounts
of soup enough to make it safe to pour into freezer containers or put the pot in the
fridge?

(Modern food safety confuses the heck out of me. Can you tell? I know what it's safe for
me and my friends to eat but then we haven't been raised with these guidelines.)

 --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise jenne at mail.browser.net disclaimer: i speak for
no-one and no-one speaks for me. "It's no use trying to be clever-- we are all clever