SC - Re: Serving Game at Feasts...

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 22:45:22 PDT 2001

Hi Morgana

Don't know if this bears relevance on your question, but some parts here
(Lochac : Australia) we have a tradition of courtesy when planning to serve
Vension at feasts - a communiation requesting permission to serve "The Royal
Game" is sent to the Reigning Prince & Princess (I haven't heard of *any*
instance where they've refused permission)

It probably developed from the Royal Game Preserve perogatives from the
English Middle ages and while not universally followed it's a tradition in
the Barony of River Haven and a few other areas across Australia

Could your local group have heard some garbled tale of this (either occuring
now OR in history) and decided that "ALL GAME" are therefore forbidden to
the rank and file members??

(and the idea of keeping barcode labels from Tins!!!! <Sheesh!!!>)

Hugs and Salutations

Mari