SC - Wolves are our cute furry friends..

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 05:12:48 PDT 2001

On 16 Apr 01,, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> Do we have any period recipes for wolves?

recipes for predators seem to be generally lacking from the
medieval cookbooks.  Elizabeth David wrote "How to cook a wolf",
but she used the word metaphorically, and it's a 20th century book.
 This seems a good place to mention that Granado (1599) says
that animals killed by their predators are particularly tasty.
Something about fear making the blood rush to the heart... or out of
the heart.  I don't have time to check right now.

> Do we have any evidence that they are wolves in period?

Bisclavret?  :-)

> Can anyone give me a decent reason why this line of conversation has
> gone this far?

I have a theory....

> 'Lainie
> (yes, I'm cranky. I drove 700 miles this weekend with three teenagers.
> You try it.)

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
now at a new address: rcmann4 at earthlink.net