SC - period breakfast foods

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:06:19 PDT 2001

>I too, would be interested hearing more on this from Gunthar if this
>is new information.

Nothing much new. What began it is there are some cavalier
types that wanted to have a big fancy breakfast on the field
at a Pas de Armes. They planned on fine linens, silver, crystal
and all the rest. So I suggested that if they were going to
have a fancy period breakfast to kind of show up the stickjocks
then they should at least complete the deal with period dishes.

So first I listed some of the period breakfasts that have some
source material. But that usually comes down to meat or fish,
bread and ale. In greater or lesser amounts. Also some porridges
have been mentioned.

But I mainly detailed period dishes that would be considered
breakfast foods to the modern palates. Frytores, Hanony and
assorted other scrambled egg dishes, quiches, roasted meats
(especially a roast chicken or even grilled fish), breads,
wafres, ales or juices, porridges, poached eggs in sauce, etc....

So far the only result I've heard is that I've terrified the
lady who will be cooking for us at Great Outlandish because she
thinks I'm some period food Nazi as well as a dreaded brass
hat. sigh.

>Stefan li Rous
>stefan at texas.net

Yers,