[Sca-cooks] No Sh*t, there THEY were in MY kitchen

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Wed Aug 1 06:33:01 PDT 2001

At 09:07 AM 7/31/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>     Oh, no, they're not. 'coons are starvation rations only. They're
>scavengers, and their meat is really rank. When I was in Boy Scouts (back in
>the late Paleolithic), we did a 10 day survival hike, and ate a few. Yuck.
>Possum is better, but not by much . . .

Well, it really depends where your racoon's from.  If the middle of the
forest with no human dumps around, you'll be pleasantly surprised.  If
anywhere near human habitat, well, just don't...  This is true of most
beasties, as squirel (which *is* stringy, as Bear points out) and a few others.

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout