[Sca-cooks] pork picnic shoulder?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Aug 8 05:54:59 PDT 2001

Ok, so I go to the new 'grocery' near me, advertising itself as a produce
depot/grocery depot. Despite the fact that I had my Pennsic money with me,
I got out for only $21.34 but only by sheer self-control. However, one of
my prizes was a 7 pound 'pork picnic shoulder' at 49 cents/pound.

Home I went to see what Fanny Farmer says about pork picnic shoulders.
Argh. The newer edition, which I have, does NOT give you enough
information  about cooking different cuts of meat.

People, what's the best way (and the best temp in an electric oven) to
cook a 'pork picnic shoulder'?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa