[Sca-cooks] pork picnic shoulder?

margali margali at 99main.com
Wed Aug 8 06:37:59 PDT 2001

Depends on if you have a cooking thermometer or not, and what
type of recipe/cooking you want to do ;-)

Ferex, about the only thing I regularly cook a picnic shoulder
for is 'pig newton' or pernam, and the meat gets braised with a
fair amount of liwuid before encasing and baking, so I braise at
about 350 and bake at about 375ish. If I am doing it butterflied
and stuffed, it depends on how thick the roll is, and if I foil
wrap I can roast it at 350 for the first 3/4 of the way and then
uncovered at 400 to crisp the outside and brown it nicely.

pig newton/pernam article:
http://www.geocities.com/margali99maincom/aquilina
down to the bottom of the page, if you just want to look at the
pictures, change the 'aquilina' to pernam1, pernam2, pernam3,
pernam4 and pernam5 ;-)
margali
sorry to be a bit vague, but I am finishing up an allnighter
cooking ducks - 5 down, 3 to go. I want to go to bed ;-) but what
I will get is coffee and a shower ;-(
--
~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here: