[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #430 - 20 msgs

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Wed Aug 15 05:46:35 PDT 2001

 'Lainie, precocious young Sluggette that she is, wrote:

> I remember when Pete Rose was best known for his habit of taking bases
> face first. Mr. Hustle. Those were the days. I also remember Mr October
> (Reggie Jackson). And the Mariner's lineup the first couple of years. I
> had a crush on Rupert Jones... and I remember when they bought Willie
> Horton for a song because he was washed up. Used him for a DH for a
> couple of years.

Oh, Honey...... I remember Willie Horton in the starting lineup of the World
Champion Detroit Tigers.  Handed St' Louis their asses in 68, we did.  I can
still name most of the players, too, even when I can't remember my own name
(hush Marion).  I bet even my comparatively juvenile Master remembers, or at
least has heard of, Denny MacLain.  30 games in one year anyone?

Obligatory food content cuz I bet Papa reads all this crap after Pennsic:
Red Sox fans can eat me.  With relish.
Curse be durned!

regards, Puck
Who can still work, play, party and (*&$ circles around all yuse yutes ;-)