[Sca-cooks] re: Linguica

BareToad at aol.com BareToad at aol.com
Tue Aug 14 22:02:32 PDT 2001

As an official Portagee (dual citizenship-gotta love it!) I have to say that
Linguica is my favorite sausage.  I have also been fortunate enough to have
made it myself (growing up we did things the "old" world way, which included
making Morcela, or blood sausage-bleah!).  When Linguica is made properly it
_is_ a little greasy.  However, most of that should cook off, and I think
that it adds character.  (Portagee pork cutlets, called torresmos, are
wonderful, delightful, and mouthwateringly delicious but clog your arteries
just by being on your plate!)  I am lucky to live at the very southern tip of
the central valley in California-close enough to visit the family (and all of
the great Portuguese markets) but far enough away that I don't give in to the
temptation and eat this way every day!

Mairin