[Sca-cooks] exotic foods

Jennifer Thompson JenniferT at ptb.com
Wed Aug 15 10:50:46 PDT 2001

> Ha! Here in this not-quite Amurrican city (or at least that's what
> Amurricans tell us), we not only know what Ro-Tel is, but we
> can buy it
> in some supermarkets. Of course, it's usually to be found in the aisle
> with the canned seasoned collard greens, the blackeyed peas
> with snaps,
> and other Exotic Foreign Foods.
>  <snip>
> Adamantius
> --

I stand corrected, especially as I have to go to a specific store to get
coconut milk (no, I don't make my own, thank you very much) and glass
noodles. But I once (on another list) had to try to explain, using text
only, to someone in Wales, the differences in use among cayenne, jalapenos,
and bell peppers. Can't you just imagine her running amuck in a Texas
Farmer's Market?

But who would want canned greens?