[Sca-cooks] Biscuits (was cat heads)

Nikki McGeary draculachanter at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 09:11:34 PDT 2001

<What I want is a good recipe for "angel" biscuits. My
grandfather in
Kentucky
apparently could make them better than anyone in the
world, but he died
before I was born and if he ever passed the recipe on
to my mother (his
daughter-in-law), she wasn't able to duplicate them
and gave up.
Unfortunately that side of the family is mostly gone
now....

----I have fond memories of good ole southern biscuits
made by my great aunt in Alabama.  As she aged, she
cooked less and less, but she always made biscuits for
me.  Oh, and water pie, which was actually a
top-crust-only crabapple pie made with crabapples from
the tree outside her kitchen window.  The fruit was so
juicy that the pie was more apple broth than congealed
pie.
For years, my mother and I have tried to duplicate
Aunt Lois' biscuits, to no avail.  She never wrote
down the recipe and we can't figure out the secret
ingredient...

Heloise

=====
"In France, every Frenchman knows his language made-to-said.
The French don't care what they do, actually, as long as
they pronounce it properly."
--Prof. Henry Higgins