[Sca-cooks] cranberry/Grand Marnier pound cake.

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Aug 26 15:31:00 PDT 2001

Finnebhir commented:
> Dried cranberries are especially good when they are fresh and rolled in a
> little sugar. The other way I like them is to take the berries and boil them
> in a sugar syrup. This not only reconstitutes the berrie, but when they dry,
> you get crystallized cranberries. try that in a pound cake with Grand
> Marnier, and it's some goooooood eatin'.

Okay, this sounds like it might be good. Can you give a recipe or more
directions? I've never made pound cake, although I imagine I can find
recipes for plain pound cake on the web or in cookbooks.

How many cranberries per pound cake? Are there other fruits that might
also work well? And I assume Grand Marnier is a type of liqueur? I
think I might remember seeing this as an option for topping off
Margaritas. How much per pound cake? Wonder if you could reconstitute
the cranberries in the Grand Marnier?

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net